Non-asbestos sheeting is made from Kevlar aramid fiber and non-organic fibers that are blended with different polymers depending on the application. It contains no asbestos.
Non-asbestos sheeting is ideal for use as a general service gasket in the process industries. It is also commonly used as a roofing material thanks to its excellent insulation characteristics and resistance to impacts, rain, water, UV light and ozone degradation.
When blended with different polymers, non-asbestos sheeting offers a range of performance characteristics.
- Nitrile rubber offers fuel and oil resistance
- Graphite coated provides non-stick and steam resistance
- PTFE (Teflon) offers excellent chemical resistance
- EPDM is suitable for potable water applications
Depending on the polymer blend, non-asbestos sheeting can handle a range of materials.
- Mild inorganic and organic acids
- General chemicals
- Neutral solutions
- Vegetable oils
- Synthetic oils
- Petroleum and derivatives
- Air and industrial gases
- Diluted alkalis
- Aliphatic solvents
Tensile Strength: 14.8 psi
Minimum Service Temperature: -100°F
Maximum Service Temperature: 650°F
- Material handling
- Valves and pumps
- Water and wastewater industries