A polycarbonate material typically used for sheeting, it is a transparent plastic. This plastic is used to protect against any breakage or openings on existing materials. Known to be shatter-proof, Lexan is a high impact material that can withstand a range of temperatures from -40°F to 180°F.
- High level of impact resistance (250 times the impact resistance of glass)
- Low rigidity and can be bought in flexible grades
- Can handle temperatures up to 240 degrees Fahrenheit before deforming
- Highly resistant to acids and other chemicals such as gasoline
- Low level of flammability
Lexan serves as an essential material for the creation of countless modern products such as Kitchenware. Bulletproof glass. Headlamps. DVDs.