Hypalon (CSM) is a premium-grade synthetic rubber manufactured from chlorosulfonated polyethylene (CSPE). Hypalon is chemical and flame resistant, handles temperature extremes and is resistant to ultraviolet light and abrasion. It’s waterproof and extremely durable, making it suitable for many applications.
Denver Rubber Company hypalon provides a wide range of high-performance characteristics.
- Resistant to alkalis and acids
- Color stability
- Resistant to temperature extremes
- Weather and ultraviolet light resistant
- Smooth material forms to different applications
- Excellent adhesion to metals
- Good electrical properties
- Radar transparent
Elongation: 100% – 800%
Hardness Range (Durometer Shore A): 45 – 95
Tensile Strength: 1,000 – 3,000psi
Minimum Service Temperature: -60º F
Maximum Service Temperature: 275º F
Hypalon is well suited to a variety of industrial and outdoor applications.
- Rubber stripping
- Roofing membrane
- Containment suits
- Radome surface coat
- Inflatable boats and kayaks
- Snowshoe decking
- Motorcycle panniers