Santoprene, sometimes call santoprene thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPVs), are a high-performance material that is part of the thermoplastic elastomers family (TPE). This premium material offers manufacturing flexibility, ease of processing and durability. This thermoplastic offers consistent performance across automotive, industrial and demanding consumer applications while offering the benefit of reduced system costs, reduced weight, and recyclability compared to materials such as thermoset rubber.
Denver Rubber company santoprene provides quality with versatility.
- sealing performance: long-term aging durability combined with dimensional stability and physical properties over the life of the part
- aesthetics: aspect harmonization between parts and comfort touch interior skins
- processing: processability on standard thermoplastics processing equipment
- design flexibility: suitability for coextrusion (coprocessing: molding, extrusion, blow molding) with other polymers for multipart system designs
- weight reduction: through lower density, part design optimization, and material replacement
- recycling: fully recyclable within the manufacturing process
TYPES OF SANTOPRENE
GENERAL PURPOSE TPE
A versatile thermoplastic that is a combination of soft and hard material that is black in color with a smooth finish. This material offers a combination of physical properties and chemical resistance. Ideal use for major appliances, caster wheels, mass transit, safety and protection, marine and industrial machinery.
GENERAL PURPOSE GRADE TPE (NEUTRAL)
This material runs in a family of soft, hard, colorable, versatile thermoplastic that combines good physical properties and chemical resistance. This TPE is roughly the same as the General Purpose (Black) in that it can be used in the same applications but also offers the ability for re-coloring to fit any aesthetic demand.
NSF 51 & NSF 61 APPROVED GRADE TPE
Neutral in color and with a smooth finish this material complies with NSF 51 & NSF 61 for plumbing applications in contact with potable water and NSF 51 for food processing equipment. Complies with FDA regulations for rubber articles intended for repeated use, as well as those in contact with non-fatty, non-oily foods as closures and sealing gaskets.
FLAME RETARDANT GRADE TPE
Neutral in color and with a smooth finish this TPE is a hard, colorable, flame retardant material. It exhibits good fluid resistance and contains non-ether brominated flame retardants (non-furan emitting). It does not contain added antioxidants or metal deactivators.
FDA APPROVED GRADE TPE
Properties and performance similar to rubbers but processed like plastics, TPEs have excellent clarity and superior colorability. This FDA approved material offers very good heat resistance and is safe to use for repeated food exposure. This material comes with a smooth finish and is black in color and is also offered neutral in color to be re-colored to fit specific aesthetic demands.
- Automotive components
- Building and construction products
- Household appliance parts
- Electrical components